Although there are only 5 ingredients in this simple dish, it sure packs a punch and allows the hearty flavor of the vegetables speak for themselves. As a great cold weather green that is packed with vitamins and fiber, the sauteed chard is mellowed by the soft roasted squash and warm garlic cream sauce. Impress your guests with this simple dish that is full of flavor, texture and nourishment.
1 Acorn Squash
1 Bunch Swiss Chard
4 cloves Garlic
¾ Cup Milk
2 Oz Feta Cheese
1. Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds and pulp.
2. Place aquash cut side down on an oiled baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 400°F, until fork tender and set aside.
3. Peel cloves of garlic and add to oven for 10 minutes alongside the squash.
4. Remove garlic and in a small mixing bowl, puree with milk and feta cheese, adding salt and pepper to taste. 5. Coarsely chop chard and sauté in a medium saucepan with olive oil over high heat until wilty (stems are okay to use, add 2 or 3 minutes before leaves).
6. Place sauteed chard into hallowed out squash and drizzle with cream sauce. Bake for another 10 minutes and serve hot out of the oven.
Photo courtesy of simplyrecipes.com